Re: CfC - publish Selectors API as CR

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:08:31 -0500
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 11/26/09 11:52 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> And I don't see any problem with using public development builds.

The main problem I have with them is that they have typically not gone
through the sort of full QA cycle that would point out possible problems
in the implementation of the "bad interaction with other specs or
deployed content" kind.  One would hope that such issues were caught
during spec writing, but I think this is an important sanity-check.

Of course in this view not all implementations are equal (e.g. a
walled-garden implementation wouldn't have the same compatibility
constraints as web-facing one)...  Not sure that others see this
requirement in the same light as I do.

-Boris