Comments on Last Call Working Draft of XHR

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:25:57 -0000
To: <public-Webapps@w3.org>
Hopefully you'll get a formal response from the i18n WG shortly.  In the meantime, I have only a couple of personal editorial suggestions:

[1] 2.2 terminology
It would help a lot to link each of the terms defined in html5 to the appropriate location in the html5 spec, if possible.

[2] same section

I was confused by the term "document's character encoding".  I suspect this ought to be "character encoding (of the document)", where the parenthesised text is non-bold.  The problem was that I thought "document's character encoding" was a single term, like "URL character encoding", and was something different than "character encoding" (in the same way that "document character set" is different from "character set").

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead