Renaming WebDatabase and WebSimpleDB

From: Nikunj R. Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:00:55 -0800
To: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

Many of us have, at one point or another, suggested renaming the two
database API specs. I think these requests have merit and I would be
favorably disposed to changing names now rather than waiting till
later when more confusion will arise.

Here's my suggestion:

1. WebDatabase be renamed to WebSQLDatabase
2. WebSimpleDB be renamed to ISAM Database Level 1

I would like to solicit your nod on this and for Ian to acknowledge
that he is fine with this name change too so we can all go and attend
to more useful stuff.

This is becoming more and more relevant since plenty of people are
referencing these names without everyone always being clear about
which one is which.

Nikunj
http://o-micron.blogspot.com