W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > October to December 2009

Re: [selectors-api] Test Suite Progress

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:15:51 +0100
Message-ID: <4B0C06B7.8010409@lachy.id.au>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> I have now split the test suite up into 3 files, similar to how I
> prevoiusly described [1]:
>
> 1. Baseline Tests: HTML with CSS Level 2.1 Selectors.
> 2. Additional Tests: HTML with Selectors Level 3.
> 3. Additional Tests: XHTML+SVG with Selectors Level 3.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api-testsuite/

More progress has now been made, and each of those test files have been 
updated and all bugs I'm aware of have been fixed.

> I've also begun to add tests for the namespace selector syntax [2] to
> the second set, but they are currently a work in progress and are not
> functioning properly. If anyone can figure out what I've done wrong,
> please let me know. Once these are written, they will also be
> incorporated into the third set.

I managed to find a simple solution to this bug adding HTML elements as 
descendants of the non-namespaced elements, and made those the target of 
the selector instead.  This allows the .style property to be checked by 
the script to make sure the color is green.

> The third set is an XHTML version of the tests which incorporates the
> tests that Erik had submitted [3]. I haven't verified that all these
> tests are functioning properly, I simply applied the patch from Erik
> without modification.

I fixed a few bugs in bugs in these tests and it now works properly.

The Firefox trunk, Minefield, now passes 100% of all those tests, making 
it the first browser to do so.

> Finally, I still need to merge in the tests from Hixie [4].
>
> [4] http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/selectors/001.html

I'm not sure whether or not I should incorporate any of those tests.  I 
need to check which are not covered by the existing test suite.  Those 
tests pass in Opera and Firefox, but WebKit has 2 failures relating to 
NodeLists (tests 011 and 082).  The bug is that webkit exposes the IDs 
of elements in the list as properties on the node list, such that 
nodelist.elementid returns an element with that ID, if it exists.

-- 
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/
http://www.opera.com/
Received on Tuesday, 24 November 2009 16:16:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:35 GMT