Re: Proposal for sending multiple files via XMLHttpRequest.send()

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:32:10 -0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Darin Fisher" <darin@chromium.org>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:31:51 -0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> According to HTTP, I think sending no Content-Type more strongly
> indicates that you don't know the type. In particular, missing content
> type gives the recipient license to sniff the content.

Ok, for Blob by default no Content-Type is included by the user agent
unless Blob is a File and mediaType is non-empty and the author has not
set a Content-Type header. If that is all true Content-Type is set to the
value of mediaType.

This has been changed in the editor's draft of XMLHttpRequest Level 2.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/