RE: [widgets] LCWD#3 comments (3)

Hi Marcos,

>>I don't know, maybe parameter allows spaces? but yeah, that first
>>space after "Content-type:" seems non-conforming.
RFC2045:

     parameter := attribute "=" value

     attribute := token
                  ; Matching of attributes
                  ; is ALWAYS case-insensitive.

     value := token / quoted-string

     token := 1*<any (US-ASCII) CHAR except SPACE, CTLs,
                 or tspecials>

     tspecials :=  "(" / ")" / "<" / ">" / "@" /
                   "," / ";" / ":" / "\" / <">
                   "/" / "[" / "]" / "?" / "="
                   ; Must be in quoted-string,
                   ; to use within parameter values

token excludes SPACE.

We have to live with that, I think.

RFC4288:
"There is no defined syntax for parameter values."

However, RFC2045 says also:
"By itself, however, this grammar is incomplete."
and refers to RFC822 that in turn talks about folding and unfolding (white-spaces, multiple lines etc.).
It seems to be a legacy stuff from the "mail industry", therefore we will probably not fix it here.

Thanks,
Marcin