Re: [widgets] about test d1.wgt

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:22:05 +0000
To: cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi Cyril,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Cyril Concolato
<cyril.concolato@enst.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The test d1.wgt is about the src attribute of the icon element. It says that
> it tests the following assertion:
> "If the src attribute of this icon element is absent, then the user agent
> must ignore this element."
> but the config.xml contains an src attribute with an empty value. This seems
> a bit different to me. Maybe you should modify the spec as follows:
>
> "If the src attribute of this icon element is absent *or empty*, then the
> user agent must ignore this element."

Well, you get the same result when you actually search for the file
"", as it won't be found. But I agree, a simple clarification there
won't actually hurt or change the ways UAs work at the moment.

> Also you should make sure the tests are aligned between the icon element and
> the content element. There does not seem to be such test with the content
> element. If you make such test, you should also align the spec in the same
> manner.

I'm not sure I understand, can you design the test to show what you
mean. I can then add it to the test suite.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres