Re: [widgets] default start file table vs. src attribute

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:42:16 +0100
To: marcosc@opera.com
CC: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Marcos Caceres a écrit :
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Cyril Concolato
> <cyril.concolato@enst.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While implementing the required features to pass the tests of the test
>> suite, I was wondering if you really want to keep the default start file
>> table. The benefit of this table seems to be just avoiding the use of a
>> <content> element with an src attribute in the config file while the
>> drawback is that you have to scan your zip file for all files in order. The
>> spec and conformance would be simpler without that, without losing features
>> I think. WDYT?
>
> The content element is not mandatory, so you kinda need the table.
> Also, it needs to be specified what precedence a user agent gives to
> purpose of the table is to tell a user agent what MIME type to use for
> each file type, which is also fairly important.
As I replied to Robin, I'd rather make it more explicit in the config file. I think it would make it more readable/understandable without requiring to know/hard-code all the default values. It's a question of taste. My suggestion was more to mandate the content element, to mandate a type attribute and to allow nesting them for indicating the precedence or use document order (multiple content elements, like the icon element).

Cyril
--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group