Re: Security evaluation of an example DAP policy

Jeremy

Thanks. I want to make sure I understand the concerns.

I guess the question is whether one can bake all the security in that
is needed for various (possibly conflicting) use cases, including
those that do not presume user interaction. An argument for  policy is
to decouple the mechanism from the decision criteria to get that
flexibility, while making sure the mechanism is secure.  On the other
side I hear the concern that the mechanism cannot be as secure.

I note that the policy requirements document includes some use cases
Paddy contributed in an earlier email:

http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/policy-reqs/#use-cases

So for example, how does one "bake in" these:

The weather.example.com Widget can connect to weather.example.com
without notifying the user, except when roaming.

Reliably identified Websites can send and receive SMS except to
premium rate numbers.

Do we need to go into more detail on these two (as examples)?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia