RE: Viewmode related issues

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your comments and apologies for my delayed response.

Ad 1.
I am working on the summary of the properties that define the semantics of the media feature values (I shall sent a follow-up email to [1]).
>>Since the user agent controls the layout of the widget desktop it also must be able to ultimately control
>>the sizing of the widgets, right? Othervise, what should it do with a widget not fitting to a specific layout,
>>not display it at all?
What do you mean by "UA controls the layout of the widget desktop"?
UA specifies the available viewport, the rest is controlled by CSS in general.
Size is the size of the viewport.  It seem I need to state that in the VMMF.

Ad 2.
The view modes interfaces spec is here:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html
It is still pre-FPWD ED.
>> I don't see any methods for changing the view-mode from within the widget
At present none of the methods is defined.
What about having "viewmode" attribute on TWI [2] that upon setting would change the mode?
This would work similarly to [3], I think.

>>Also I think it's important to get an event when the user agent has changed view-mode and/or width/height of
>>an widget but maybe that is also coming in a later version?
This is already captured in [4].

Ad 3.
I think this is in the scope of TWI.

Thanks,
Marcin

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0047.html
[2] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/#widget
[3] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#documentstyle-selectedStyleSheetSet
[4] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html#viewmodes-events-viewmodechangedevent

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465