Re: [FileAPI] URL, URI, URN | Re: [FileAPI] Latest Revision of Editor's Draft

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:40:08 +0100
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
On Nov 18, 2009, at 13:13 , Julian Reschke wrote:
Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Couldn't we just register a URN NID for this? It seems that one has to go through fewer hurdles, and no matter how transient I believe that it's a useful thing to identify.
>
> Yes, that's possible and probably would cause less eyebrows being raised...

It also doesn't seem like a lot of work, registration doesn't require specifying the behaviour of the beast (which we'd leave where it is today). We could take the urn:transient-data NID, or urn:data-handle (whichever way the bike is shed today) and toss a UUID at the end of it; then declare victory.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/