Re: [FileAPI] URL, URI, URN | Re: [FileAPI] Latest Revision of Editor's Draft

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:03:23 +0100, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> 1. We could coin a new scheme such as the originally proposed filedata:
> scheme.  This has the advantages of associating behavior (and semantics)
> with a scheme, so that existing schemes aren't confused or co-opted
> inappropriately.  However, actually registering a new scheme used by
> browsers seemed problematic (with overhead due to coordination with
> multiple groups).  I'm willing to revisit this idea given enough
> feedback, but to date, haven't really received enough of it.

It's not implementor feedback, but I think this is the best solution. I
think it's valuable that you can tell what the URL is for just by looking
at it. Jonas gave an example of how that might be used in practice.

 From what I've heard so far it does not matter much for Opera either, but
I rather have a new scheme. It also seems safer in case something comes up
down the road.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/