Re: [widgets] About the test suite

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Cyril Concolato
<cyril.concolato@enst.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was reviewing the overview of the test suite [1] and also the
> compatibility matrix document [2]. I had two questions.
>
> Why do the names of the tests have to be so cryptic (e.g. ta-RRZxvvTFHx,
> ta-dxzVDWpaWg, ...)? Could you use meaningful names like
> default-start-file-01, default-start-file-02, mime-01, mime-02,
> magic-number-01, ...

Um, yeah :) I though it would be clever to auto-generate unique ids
and assign them to assertions (won't be doing that again:P). However,
those are not the names of the tests, those are the names of the
tested assertions. They are not really intended for human consumption
and will eventually be hidden away from view. The test cases have much
more reasonable identifiers... kinda.... just two letters :)

> Also, we are working on an implementation of the widget spec but we don't
> have support for HTML, only SVG. The tests are currently designed with HTML
> start files. Would it be possible to have alternative versions with SVG
> start files ?

Sure! I'm happy to include that. However, I will need your help to
make that happen. If you can commit some time, then we can talk about
how we get SVG as a standard part of the test suite. WDYT?

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au