Re: comments from Osmosoft on the File API

On Nov 11, 2009, at 7:30 AM, ext paul.downey@bt.com wrote:

> During our review we have one overall disappointment: whilst the
> Use Cases describe saving local files programatically, the
> specification does not provide any write methods.
>
> We wondered if these were to be  provided in a later version
> or via extensions? --We now gather this is a topic of debate within
> the WG and with the DAP WG.

WebApps' File Upload deliverable and DAP's FileSystem API deliverable
provide the basis for the groups' related spec work. You are correct
that the use cases and work split are still a WIP.

> What is the current expectation of the status of the published
> document?

WebApps' plan is a Recommendation.

> What is the relationship between the File API document and
> the File Upload API listed on the historical Web API WG page?

Please see the following for WebApps' current publication status
including File Upload:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus

> Where is the original document from Robin Berjon?

You may want to check the following CVS log:

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/FileUpload/source/

-Regards, Art Barstow