Re: [FileAPI] File.mediaType

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:36:34 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
> True, can you ever get this situation when reading a file from disk?

I'm not sure what you're asking...  When loading a file from disk, the
type is always unknown and has to be determined by the UA somehow, no?

> don't see a reason to be inconsistent with that.

That's fine, as long as we're clear that this will create a certain
amount of confusion, due to people having a preconceived notion of "file
type" that doesn't include MIME in any way.

-Boris