Re: Rename “File API” to “FileReader API”?

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:27:24 -0800
Cc: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, public-device-apis@w3.org, public-webapps@w3.org
To: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>

On Nov 10, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Arve Bersvendsen wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:59:23 +0100, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Which is the proper mailing list to follow development of the file
>> writing API?  I'd like to follow it's security considerations.
>
> public-device-apis@w3.org

At TPAC, I recall that we proposed drawing the line between file
reading/writing on the one hand (presumably to go in the current File
API spec) and filesystem access (including messing with directories,
mountpoints, file renames etc) to be done in the Filesystem API spec.
Do we need further discussion to settle what goes in which spec?

Regards,
Maciej