What do we mean by "parking" Web Database? [Was: Re: TPAC report day 2]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:24:06 -0500
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Nov 7, 2009, at 3:53 PM, ext Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> The draft minutes are included at
> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/02-webapps-minutes.html starting from the
> WebIDL

Thanks for the summaries Chaals!

> Offline storage / databases
>    The SQL-based Web Database proposal will probably not be
> implemented by
> major players so is being shifted to a "parked and of historical
> interest"
> mode while we work on the Web Simple Database proposal from Nikunj. We
> also touched on Datacache, and ended with an action for Nikunj to
> explain
> how it relates to appcache if you have the two running together.

The minutes for the Web Database discussion [1] don't address what we
mean by "parking" Web Database.

I heard Hixie say it should be included in a call for pre-LC comments
thus I included it in the related call on 4 November [2] and members
of the group have an opportunity to raise issues if they think Web
Database is not ready for a LCWD.

However, later in the week, I participated in some hallway
discussions where members of the group said they prefer Web Database
be "parked" by publishing it as a Working Group Note (rather than a
LCWD):

[[
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#q75

Working Group Note

A Working Group Note is published by a chartered Working Group to
indicate that work has ended on a particular topic. A Working Group
MAY publish a Working Group Note with or without its prior
publication as a Working Draft.
]]

So, when we say we want to "park" Web Database, what do we mean:
publish as LCWD, publish as Working Group note, something else? If
necessary, we can start a CfC on this question.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/02-webapps-minutes.html#item12
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/
0477.html