Re: FW: Viewmode related issues

2009/11/2 Magnus Olsson <magnus.olsson@ericsson.com>

>  ------------------------------

I will leave it to Marcin to comment.

> 2. Widgets API (*http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/*<http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/>).
> I don't see any methods for changing the view-mode from within the widget
> (requirement 37, *
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-reqs-20090430/#display-mode-api-and-events
> * <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-reqs-20090430/>). Is it there
> without me finding it or will it come in a later version (or has it been
> removed as requirement)? I hope it is there (or will come) because for many
> use cases it's essential to move to/from full-screen display
> programatically. Also I think it's important to get an event when the user
> agent has changed view-mode and/or width/height of an widget but maybe that
> is also coming in a later version?

This should be defined in the view modes spec, not in the interface spec.

>  3. It would be very nice to be able to write a widget desktop in SVG (or
> in HTML if someone would consider that ;-). To enable this it must be a way
> to access a Widget API from the HTML/SVG JS context and to have position,
> size, viewmode control through this API. Is this something that is
> considered by the WG?

Yes, this is certainly withing scope. However, it is not clear what outside
of the Window interface would be required? Can you list some requirement for
us to consider.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au