Re: Seeking pre-LCWD comments for: Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets, Storage Workers}; deadline 19 November

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 18:42:45 +0000 (UTC)
To: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> >
> > I know we had this conversation before, and I'm not even sure which
> > side of the issue I was on at the time, but given the amount of
> > confusion at the TPAC meeting yesterday, I think we should consider
> > renaming the "Web Database" spec.
>
> I am glad you recognize this issue now (noting that I raised this point
> in July [1] when. At that time we proposed that this spec be called
> SQLDatabase or WebSQLDatabase.

At the time, I was assuming we would have just the one database spec, so
Web Database made sense as a I name. Given the new direction of the
working group, I agree that renaming Web Database to Web SQL Database or
something would be sensible. We should probably also rename Web Simple
Database to something more descriptive, so that people can distinguish
them more easily.

Cheers,