Re: CORS Background slides

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for the many responses. I'll try to get to them all shortly,
but I'd like to start by clarifying one point...

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Tyler Close wrote:
> 2) I strongly disagree with the final sentence on that page: "As discussed
> at Tuesday's TPAC meeting, Maciej's solution is vulnerable to a CSRF-like
> attack by Server A on Server B if the "add event" URL provided by Server A
> actually refers to a resource on Server B." The scenario I posted does *not*
> involve Server A providing a URL to Server B and does not have a
> vulnerability.

How does Server B get the URL if not from Server A? The URL is
supposed to refer to a resource on Server A, so only Server A can
provide its value. Somehow, Server B must get the URL from Server A.
That communication, however it is done, is vulnerable to a CSRF-like
attack.

--Tyler