ISSUE-110 (code-point conversion): Should we remove the code-point conversion from the D3E spec? [DOM3 Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:21:50 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-110 (code-point conversion): Should we remove the code-point conversion from the D3E spec? [DOM3 Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/110

Raised by: Charles McCathieNevile
On product: DOM3 Events

The suggestion is that the conversion from character to codepoint doesn't belong in DOM 3 Events, since it needs to be available all over the place and is either a short bit of JS code, or should be fixed deeper in the language.