RE: Proposed additional topic for joint DAP/WebApps Widgets F2F session

From: David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:08:32 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-Webapps@w3.org WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "W3C Device APIs and Policy WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "Robin Berjon" <robin@robineko.com>, "Nick Allott" <nick.allott@omtp.org>
Hi,

So of course that was one example and I'm trying not to get into detail here - my main point is that currently we have no big picture view, I don't think that is good enough. This is why I want to put a specific agenda point forward for the following:

I think a key output of TPAC for those overlapping groups / work items should be an overall architectural view highlighting overlaps and issues and an accompanying plan to deal with those issues. To reiterate, that is: webapps (APIs), webapps (widgets), DAP, HTML5 and the overall security considerations. I think the Chairs should jointly own this and it should be presentable to the outside world at any stage.

Cheers,

David.