Re: CfC: to publish new WDs of Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets API, Storage, Workers}; deadline 26 October

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:19 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>
>> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish new Working Drafts of the
>> following specs:
>>
>> 1. Server-Sent Events
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/
>>
>> 2. Web Database
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/
>>
>> 3. Web Sockets API
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/
>>
>> 4. Web Storage
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
>>
>> 5. Web Workers
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/
>>
>> As with all of our CfCs, positive response is preferred and encouraged and
>> silence will be assumed to be assent. The deadline for comments is October
>> 26.
>>
>> See [1] for the rationale for this short review period and the current
>> plans for Last Call Working Draft publication of 1, 3, 4 and 5 above.
>>
>> -Regards, Art Barstow
>>
>> [1]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0313.html
>>

> I support publication of new Working Drafts for all of these.

Same here. I continue to think that the "web database" isn't a good
approach, but I don't think that should prevent publishing an updated
draft. We have done a lot of discussion at mozilla on the subject of
what we want a database interface to look like, including with other
interested parties as well as web authors. We should have something
more concrete shortly.

I also continue to miss actual developer demand for server sent
events. Seems like it doesn't add a lot of sugar over simply using
XMLHttpRequest and progress events. But again, I'm fine with
publishing a new WD.

/ Jonas