Re: [cors] TAG request concerning CORS & Next Step(s)

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:00:02 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Arthur Barstow" <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren writes:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:22:35 +0200, Henry S. Thompson
> <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> One point of clarification: my (admittedly imperfect) understanding
>> was that the most important parts of CORS have to be implemented
>> _server_-side for the proposal to achieve its goals.  If that's true,
>> browser deployment alone is insufficient.  Is that a misunderstanding
>> on my part?
>
> As was pointed out elsewhere in this thread it was.
>
> I was wondering if the TAG considers this item closed or wishes to
> know  something more, in which case I'd like to hear about it! I'm
> trying to  wrap up email threads and this is one of them. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay -- the discussion has clarified the current
relevance of client-side implementations, and as far as that goes the
TAG is happy.

We do assume that demonstrating interoperable server-side
implementation will be a necessary part of your CR exit criteria --
could you please confirm that?

Thanks,

ht
- --