W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > October to December 2009

RE: [widgets] Draft Minutes for 22 October 2009 Voice Conf

From: David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:25:32 +0100
Message-ID: <4C83800CE03F754ABA6BA928A6D94A0601E5EECF@exch-be14.exchange.local>
To: "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "public-webapps" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Art and all,

    "AB: any other comments on this?
    ... given we don't consensus on this, we will not be able to publish
    a new LC until after the TPAC meeting
    ... any last comments?
    ... given this is still an open issue, we will not discuss LC
    publication today"

Given that Marcin and Marcos appear to have resolved this on the mailing
lists, I would like to support LC publication as soon as possible.
Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,


David.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-webapps-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arthur Barstow
Sent: 22 October 2009 14:51
To: public-webapps
Subject: [widgets] Draft Minutes for 22 October 2009 Voice Conf

The draft minutes from the October 22 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before October 29 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

22 Oct 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/0283.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Frederick, Jere, Bryan, Marcin_Hanclik, Magnus, Marcin,
           AndyB

    Regrets
           Marcos, Arve, David

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]P&C spec: Potential bug in Rule for Identifying the
             Media Type of a File
          4. [8]AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: I posted the draft agenda on October 21 (
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/02
    83.html ). Since Marcos sent regrets for today we will drop the
    Widget interface spec agenda item.
    ... any other agenda change requests?

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/0283.html

    FH: I think we should talk about DAP + WebApps meeting during TPAC

    AB: ok, during AOB

    JK: we could talk about Web Notifications
    ... but may want to wait for more people

    FH: yes, think we should wait

    AB: I agree
    ... if there is no closure by next week, it will be on the Oct 29
    agenda

Announcements

    AB: I have 4 short announcements/reminders:
    ... 1. draft agendas for the November 2-3 TPAC f2f meeting have been
    updated: Widgets group (
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009Widgets ) and APIs
    group ( [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs ).
    Fleshing-out the TPAC widgets agenda will be an agenda item for our
    October 29 call.
    ... 2. the TPAC registration deadline is Oct 23 (
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html )
    ... 3. TPAC Public Developer Gathering Nov 5 (
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting ). Please spread the
    word.
    ... 4. Our Oct 29 call will be the same time for everyone except US.
    The time for US will be one hour later. Thereafter, the times will
    be the same as today. No call of course during the TPAC week.
    ... any other annoucements?

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009Widgets
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting

    [ None ]

P&C spec: Potential bug in Rule for Identifying the Media Type of a
File

    AB: the remaining open bug for P+C spec is documented in the
    "Potential bug in Rule for Identifying the Media Type of a File"
    thread (
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/01
    83.html ).
    ... earlier today Marcos responded to Marcin's latest proposal (
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/02
    93.html ). I think this now closes this bug. Any comments?

      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/0183.html
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009OctDec/0293.html

    MH: I looked at MC's comments
    ... I disagree with some proposals
    ... I did some tests
    ... I also disagree with limitation of file extension to 2 ranges
    ... proposed ranges are only for ASCII letters
    ... do not cover digits
    ... but there are some extension e.g. pk12 with digits
    ... think we need to consult i18n group
    ... not sure they will agree with ASCII only extensions
    ... I will submit a reply to Marcos
    ... One source of confusion is OS support versus shell support

    <scribe> ACTION: marcin respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-420 - Respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re
    BNF [on Marcin Hanclik - due 2009-10-29].

    BS: is this about naming of files that are part of the package?

    MH: yes

    BS: I agree there should not be constraints

    AB: any other comments on this?
    ... given we don't consensus on this, we will not be able to publish
    a new LC until after the TPAC meeting
    ... any last comments?
    ... given this is still an open issue, we will not discuss LC
    publication today

AOB

    AB: next call will October 29. One topic for that call will fleshing
    out the agenda for the Nov 2-3 f2f meeting. It could be that we have
    very little to discuss in Santa Clara which means people could then
    attend other f2f meetings e.g. WebApps' APIs meeting, DAP WG, etc.
    ... Frederick DAP and WebApps?

    FH: WebApps will have 2 meetings?

    AB: yes
    ... Chaals will chair APIs group
    ... Art will chair Widgets group
    ... File API is a topic for DAP + WebApps

    FH: do we need a DAP + Widgets joint session

    AB: I don't think there is a need yet

    BS: I think it would make sense to have a short joint session

    <fhirsch3> +1 to having joint DAP - Widgets session

    BS: to discuss any possible overlap

    AB: do you mean API or Widget group?

    BS: I think DAP + Widgets group joint meeting makes sense
    ... I am interested in status of the HTML5 specs that moved to
    WebApps

    AB: I only want to organize a joint meeting if there are specific
    agenda topics

    FH: I want to take advantage of the co-location

    AB: yes, sure

    BS: think there is overlap between widget API and what is being done
    in DAP

    AB: can you take an action to identify the overlap?

    <scribe> ACTION: bryan review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-421 - Review Widget API and DAP APIs for
    overlaps [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2009-10-29].

    MH: think there is overlaps between widgets and HTML5
    ... want to adapt HTML5 interfaces if possible
    ... Robin is the WARP editor
    ... I am Editor of VM specs
    ... want to use the meetings to meet each other

    <fhirsch3> +1 to marcin, we need to have a joint meeting to raise
    issues, establish relationships etc

    AB: does the DAP WG already have a packed agenda for those two days?

    FH: we certainly have lots of info
    ... but think joint meetings should be high priority

    <scribe> ACTION: Frederick Robin to make a proposal to WebApps
    chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-422 - Robin to make a proposal to WebApps
    chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [on Frederick Hirsch - due
    2009-10-29].

    <marcin> drinking beer during the joint meeting may be the best
    option :), since the actual resolutions will anyway have to be taken
    off-line/over email/ on the call after the F2F

    AB: I do not forsee a problem with WebApps' widgets group meeting
    with DAP

    BS: I don't have visibility to WebApps HTML5 specs
    ... I want to understand how that stuff relates to DAP

    AB: I'm hearing Bryan requesting DAP meet with WebApp' APIs groups
    re WebApp's HTML5 specs

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP
    and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-423 - Work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to
    get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Arthur Barstow - due
    2009-10-29].

    <scribe> ACTION: Robin work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and
    WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-424 - Work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP
    and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Robin Berjon - due
    2009-10-29].

    BS: server-sent events is a topic of interest for me
    ... think there is some potential synergy with OMA specs

    <scribe> ACTION: bryan submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs
    for the TPAC meeting [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-425 - Submit agenda item requests re
    WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting [on Bryan Sullivan - due
    2009-10-29].

    <JereK> Chaals has already indicated that WebAPI and DAP should meet
    re the various FIle APIs - see tentative WebAPI agenda for TPAC:
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs#Agenda_Items

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs#Agenda_Items

    FH: hard to juggle these agendas

    AB: agree
    ... anything else on this subject?
    ... I thought you guys already had an agenda but I see now I'm wrong
    about that

    FH: DAP will have about 4 major slots
    ... some will be for APIs
    ... some will be for policy
    ... some will be for joint meetings

    <fhirsch3> 4 slots per day

    AB: anything else for today?
    ... next call is Oct 29
    ... meeting adjourned

    Date: 22 October 2009

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and
    WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: bryan review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps
    [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: bryan submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for
    the TPAC meeting [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: Frederick Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs
    regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: marcin respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF
    [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Robin work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps'
    APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action05]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 22 October 2009 16:26:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:34 GMT