Re: [widgets] Step 5 - allowing private use lang tags ; ISSUE-93

On Oct 19, 2009, at 3:29 PM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:

> In Step 5 [1], the spec reads:
>
> "If this range begins with the subtag "i", "x", or the range is marked
> as "deprecated" in the IANA Language Subtag Registry, skip all the
> steps in this algorithm below, and move onto the next range."
>
> I believe that, at least, we should allow "x" (as in "x-secret-lang").
> The user agent is going to ignore sub-tags it does not know anyway.
>
> Proposed change:
>
> [[
> "If this range begins with the subtag "i" or the range is marked as
> "deprecated" in the IANA Language Subtag Registry, skip all the steps
> in this algorithm below, and move onto the next range."
> ]]

All - Marcos just clarified in IRC his proposal above is intended to
close Issue-93 [1].

If anyone objects to this proposal, please respond by Oct 21 at the
latest.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/93