Re: Touch and gestures events

From: Kartikaya Gupta <lists.webapps@stakface.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:02:33 +0000
To: dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I would like to see input from Palm, RIM, Opera, and other developers
> of mobile browsers and touch screen devices on this thread.

As a RIM developer, we do not currently support touch events in our browser; we just map them to mouse events where a mapping exists. We do not currently provide a gesture API at all. We *have* been asked a couple of times if we support touch events, so I do believe there is a non-zero demand for it. Beyond that I don't really have much to say.

kats