Re: propose an API to return Range in <textarea> etc. form control nodes (similar functionality as document.caretRangeFromPoint)

For a use case that pinpoint a word from a page, the context information
needed besides word might be the language that the word is in.And yes, as
you said, if the hit node is needed, elementFromPoint should do.

Thanks,
Xiaomei