Re: [XHR] Some comments on "charset" in the Content-Type header

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:06:25 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 04:45:00 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> Specifically, if the application does:
>>
>> setRequestHeader("content-type", "foo/bar")
>>
>> or some such you'll leave it alone.
>
> I honestly don't care all that much, all things considered.

FWIW, this is what I've done now. It gives authors a reasonable level of
control over the Content-Type header, it does make sure an incorrect
charset parameter is fixed, and includes a charset parameter and MIME type
if the author did not include a Content-Type header.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/