Re: Widget DigSign: Example of a distributor signature document is buggy

From: Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:42:26 -0400
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "ext Breitschwerdt, Christian, VF-Group" <christian.breitschwerdt@vodafone.com>, "public-Webapps@w3.org" <public-Webapps@w3.org>, Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>, "Priestley, Mark, VF-Group" <Mark.Priestley@vodafone.com>
To: ext Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp>
I think the first document should be re-titled (since it isn't generic
to XML Signature 1.1):

Widgets 1.0: Test Suite for Widget Signature 1.0

It also seems we have two types of tests:

1. syntactic tests that check the presence and placement of XML
material - such as locating the signature in the widget package,
syntax correctness, presence of required property elements,  and use
of Role attribute for author and distributor signatures.

2. Signature value verification when specific algorithms are used for
a given input.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia