Date/time types in Web IDL

From: Chris Poppe <Chris.Poppe@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:11:05 +0200
To: <public-webapps@w3.org>
Cc: <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
Dear all,

My name is Chris Poppe, member of the W3C Media Annotations WG [1].
Currently we are using Web IDL for the definition of an API which should
give access to metadata of online multimedia resources. We are using the W3C
Editor's draft [2] and are currently looking to describe a property
returning a date (currently modeled as an attribute of type DOMString).

I was wondering what the current opinion is of the Web Applications WG on if
(and how) Date/Time types will be included?

Kind regards,

Chris

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/

[2] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/

Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Electronics and Information Systems (ELIS)
Multimedia Lab Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent
Belgium

t: +32 9 33 14959
f: +32 9 33 14896