Re: [widgets] remove feature at risk stuff from P&C before next LCWD is published

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:51:56 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2009, at 12:46 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do we have any evidence at all that it (as defined in the 23-July-2009
>>> Candidate) either has been implemented or is being implemented?
>>
>> No, we do not have any evidence or commitment of implementation of
>> this feature.
>
> To be fair we haven't had much in the way of public statements about who is
> implementing what parts. I wouldn't take that as a clear indication of
> anything.

Well, I'm not sure what we are supposed to do then. Opera and a few
others are implementing and we are providing implementation feedback
as we go - we've identified bugs as a direct result of implementation.
My understanding is that going to CR is about gaining implementation
experience and providing feedback to improve the spec: to see what can
be realistically implemented. If other people out there are
implementing and not providing feedback, as requested, then I don't
see how we can help them.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au