From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Robin Berjon
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 12:03 PM
To: public-webapps WG
Subject: View modes: more precision on fullscreen

Hi,

it seems to me that there's a missing distinction in our list of view
modes: the difference between maximised and fullscreen (or perhaps
fullscreen and all-screen).

Maximised is the case in which the application takes up the entire
available screen space minus a little bit of chrome either for itself
(a window bar with a title and perhaps some buttons) or for the system
(task bar, menu clock, etc.); whereas fullscreen is when the viewport
is the same size as the screen (e.g. for video playback).

Both desktops and phones tend to have this distinction in one way or
another, so it sounds to me as something that we should expose as well.

WDYT?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.