RE: [A&E] Last Call comments (1)

Hi Marcos,

>>> 5.4.2#2.4.1
>>> ... apply the  rule for dealing with an invalid Zip archive ...
>>> And
>>> "In the event that an implementation encounters an invalid Zip archive ...
>>> In the case the UA is a CC, it must inform the author that the Zip archive
>>is an invalid Zip archive." From P&C.
>>>
>>> Do not play well together.
>>> The problem is with the WUA and not with the widget, so the correct
>>information should be provided to the user.
>>
>>Sorry. I don't understand the problem, can you elaborate? Are you
>>saying that all UAs (not just CCs) must inform the end-user of the
>>error?
7.4.2 says:
"If the user agent cannot write to the storage area (e.g., because it ran out of disk space, or the space quota was exceeded, etc.), apply the  rule for dealing with an invalid Zip archive specified in the [Widgets-Packaging] specification."

The problem is that "the user agent cannot write to the storage area" and the action is related to invalid Zip archive.
It is possible that the UA will inform the user that the Zip archive is invalid as part of the rule (probably added by the implementers).
And then the end-user would get notified e.g. that "Widget is corrupted", whereas simply the WUA does not have enough quota.

>>> @href from <license> and license,
>>
>>What is the use case?
Similar to description, nothing specific.
I think the rule could be to map the elements and attributes from config.xml to DOM. The spec could then probably be shorter and easily extensible.

>>> icons
>>
>>What is the use case? Also, these may be changing dynamically so it
>>makes things a mess.
As above, just map what we have in config.xml.

>>> The above requirements seem contradicting and not prepared for handling the
>>security policy.
>>
>>Which "security policy"?
Any, specifically the one planned for DAP.
At present we have WARP LCWD as a sample of the security policy.

Thanks,
Marcin

Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646