Re: WebIDL: how to address the various audiences and constraints?

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:40:20 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> Wow! The amount of email on Web IDL over the last few days has been
> amazing!
>
> I am wondering out loud here if it would make sense to split up the Web
> IDL spec? For example, a functional split e.g. the IDL in one doc, ES
> 3/5 bindings in a separate doc, Java bindings in a separate doc, etc. Or
> a core/non-core (e.g. L1/L2) split (I think Maciej used the term
> "simplification" in one of his emails). Perhaps there is some other
> split that would be useful.
>
> OTOH, splitting specs can create other problems such as synching the
> specs, increased overhead for the Editor(s), communication (at least 3
> WGs plus TC 39), etc.
>
> WDYT?

I personally find it useful to be able to directly look up both Web IDL
syntax and how it maps to ECMAScript. In fact, I do that pretty much all
the time when I look at the draft.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/