ISSUE-105 (what is loading?): How should we count progress of things which are not measured in bytes? [Progress Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:58:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-105 (what is loading?): How should we count progress of things which are not measured in bytes? [Progress Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/105

Raised by: Charles McCathieNevile
On product: Progress Events

HTML 5 wants to count some file transfers using progress events. There are various UI components around that do that already. So should we have a flag or attribute that says what is being counted and keep using the total/loaded attributes, or should we have new atributes for this?