Re: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:27:29 +1000
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi everyone.

Sam Ruby:
> At the upcoming TPAC, there is an opportunity for F2F coordination
> between these two groups, and the time slot between 10 O'Clock and
> Noon on Friday has been suggested for this.

I'm travelling at the moment, so apologies for the delay in replying.
Unfortunately I won't be attending TPAC, but I am sure some useful
discussions will come out of the meeting between those TC 39, Web Apps
and HTML WG people who can attend.

I will be in Mountain View from Saturday for 11 days (for SVG stuff),
so I could probably find some time to meet with interested people if
that's deemed to be a good idea.

Some general responses to questions raised in this thread:

   • I agree that a better solution for the multiple inheritance
problem is needed.

   • Web IDL is somewhat poorly written at the moment, so it would
indeed be good to make it easier to follow. I do think the spec is
aimed at implementors rather than authors, though.

I look forward to increased collaboration with the ECMA folks on the
spec!