Re: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination

On Sep 24, 2009, at 2:16 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> Any TC39 members whose employers can't join could perhaps become
>> Invited
>> Experts to the W3C Web Applications Working Group, if that
>> facilitates
>> review.
>
> Unfortunately, no.  See #2 and #3 below:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2004/08/invexp.html

It depends on the nature of the employer, and the reason they are
unable to join. Historically there have been Invited Experts in W3C
Working Groups who are employed by such organizations as universities
or small start-ups. We even have some in the HTML Working Group. So it
would probably be more accurate to say "it depends" and that it may be
subject to the judgment of the W3C Team.

Regards,
Maciej