[widgets] Draft Minutes for 24 September 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:19:28 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the September 24 Widgets voice conference are
available at the following and copied below:

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send
them to the public-webapps mail list before 1 October 2009 (the next
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered

-Regards, Art Barstow

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                           Widgets Voice Conf

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/24-wam-irc

           Arve, Jere, AndyB, Frederick, Art, Steven, Benoit

           Josh, Marcin, Marcos, Robin

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]News/summary from the Widget Testing event
          4. [8]widget Interface spec:
          5. [9]WARP spec: proposal by Dom to change uri attribute to
          6. [10]URI Scheme spec: status
          7. [11]VM Media Features spec: proposal to publish FPWD
          8. [12]AOB
      * [13]Summary of Action Items

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    Date: 24 September 2009

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: draft agenda was posted on Sep 23 (
    99.html ). During the widget Interface topic we will record the
    recent exchanges between Marcos and Marcin as well as the origin
    thread from Scott Wilson as a way of capturing ongoing discussions
    but we won't deep dive on them given Marcos will not be here today.

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    Arve: since Marcin and Marcos aren't here, we should probably drop
    the VM-I spec today

    AB: agree
    ... so given all of the Regrets, we will have a short call today

    AB: any short annoucements?

    [ None ]

News/summary from the Widget Testing event

    AB: a widget testing event was held Sep 21-23 (
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TestWorkshop2009 ). Does
    anyone have a summary or news they can share?
    ... since none of the event's participants are here today, we'll
    skip this

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TestWorkshop2009

widget Interface spec:

    AB: Marcin and Marcos continue to discuss this thread (
    17.html ).
    ... Marcin and Marcos continue to discuss this thread (
    08.html ).
    ... the last email in this thread is from Scott (
    20.html ). One question here is "origin of a widget" versus
    "instance of widget".
    ... given Marcos isn't here today, we will drop this now but please
    continue to discuss this on public-webapps

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

WARP spec: proposal by Dom to change uri attribute to "urlpattern";

    AB: Dom proposed (
    02.html ) the <access> element's uri attribute be changed to
    "urlpattern" citing some related work done by the POWDER WG. Any

      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    Arve: I'm unsure
    ... technically, he's probably right
    ... I agree it describes a URL pattern
    ... but I am skeptical to this change

    AB: given Marcin isn't here today, we will drop this now but please

    JK: Dom had another suggestion and that was just "pattern"
    ... I prefer pattern to urlpattern

    Arve: let's take this to the mail list
    ... I need to do some investigation as I can't reach the POWDER
    document right now

URI Scheme spec: status

    AB: without Robin here today, we'll skip this for today

VM Media Features spec: proposal to publish FPWD

    AB: last week we agreed that today we consider if the VM-MF spec was
    ready for FPWD (
    ). Marcin responded earlier today (
    52.html ) that he votes for FPWD.
    ... since then, Robin submitted some comment (
    54.html ). Robin, are any of these mandatory before FPWD
    ... I think we need to defer the question is this doc ready for FPWD
    ... any comments or concerns about that?

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    Arve: I don't think we should go to FPWD until we have a chance to
    hear from others

    AB: anything else on this topic for today?

    AB: any other topics for today?

    [ None ]

    AB: next meeting is October 1
    ... meeting adjourned