Re: [selectors-api] Summary of Feature Requests for v2

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:31:27 +0200
To: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Cc: 'public-webapps' <public-webapps@w3.org>
Mike Wilson wrote:
> My first priority would be "Matches Selector", and see to that
> it fulfills the needs for event delegation.

Is there any special functionality that would be needed to achieve this?
  If I understand correctly, event delegation just needs to be able to
check whether the event target element matches a given selector.  So it
would be something like:

if (evt.target.matchesSelector(".foo>input.bar")) {
}

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/