Re: [A&E] Last Call comments (1)

From: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:39:07 +0100
Cc: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: marcosc@opera.com
Hmm, I raised this one too.

I can't see how the origin handles instances exactly, and the concept
of "origin" doesn't seem all that relevant to our implementation
anyway - it looks more like something for browser makers to worry over?

Why is "origin of a widget" preferable to "instance of widget"?

This could be important as some conformance statements relate to the
concept, e.g:
Upon getting the preferences attribute, the user agent must return a
Storage object that represents the storage area for the origin of a
widget.

If "origin of a widget" is not a sensible concept for the UA (as
opposed to widget instance), does this fail conformance? How would you
test for it for the UA anyway?