Re: [EventSource] feedback from implementors

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:39:14 +0200, Per-Erik Brodin
<per-erik.brodin@ericsson.com> wrote:
> So what you are saying is that "\r\n" will always be a Windows line
> ending and never a Mac line ending followed by a Unix line ending?

That's what should happen as that would be consistent with other text
formats, e.g. text/html. I guess this should be stated below the ABNF or
the ABNF should be rewritten to a more parser/state-like thingy.

> Keep in mind that we are parsing a continuous stream where data arrives
> in chunks. It is entirely possible for a "\r\n" pair to be split up
> between two chunks which could be handled by either 1) dispatching an
> event immediately when receiving a carriage return and then upon
> reception of the next chunk "remember" that the last character in the
> previous chunk was a carriage return and discard the first character if
> it happens to be line feed, or 2) not dispatching an event until the
> next character after carriage return has been received which could lead
> to delays in event dispatch. Both these options are far from ideal.

The first option should not be too hard to implement right? Just a simple
state variable in the tokenizer.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/