Re: [widgets] Comments on Section 6 of the 18-Aug-2009 LCWD of A&E spec

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:42:26 +0200
Cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
On Sep 15, 2009, at 15:46 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> On Sep 13, 2009, at 23:23 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>>> That is, because widget is assumed to be bound to the global scope
>>> of
>>> widget, we can test for it's presence without needing to qualify the
>>> object with it's global context (which, normally would be
>>> 'window'.).
>>> The problem is that what is meant by the "global object context" is
>>> not defined. We might need to leech some HTML5 terminology to make
>>> this more clear.
>>
>> Hmmm, I think that we can reference E262 for that, it ought to be
>> enough
>> (and then implementations normally make that window, but that's not
>> for
>> us to say).
>
> That might work. Nothing in WebIDL?

Not that I know of. The way SVG Tiny 1.2 worked its way around that
dependency was by referring to the document's defaultView instead:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#dom__Window

I think we could do the same.

>> One thing I'm not sure about: in the start file only?
>
> Good point.

I guess we need something roughly saying "any JS global context that
is also a widget execution context".

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/