W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > July to September 2009

[widgets] Draft Minutes for 10 September 2009 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:27:02 -0400
Message-Id: <2E5FC6E8-52E0-434F-9316-1F3D49AD485E@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the 10 September Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/09/10-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before 17 September (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

10 Sep 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JulSep/1019.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/10-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Jere, Arve, Marcos, Frederick, Josh

    Regrets
           Robin

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]P&C spec: IRI/URI normalization
          4. [8]widget Interface (fka A&E) spec:
          5. [9]WARP Spec: Last Call
          6. [10]URI Scheme spec
          7. [11]View Modes Media Feature spec
          8. [12]AOB
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    Date: 10 September 2009

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: the agenda was posted on September 9 (
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/10
    19.html ). Any change requests?

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JulSep/1019.html

    [ None ]

Announcements

    AB: Reminders on upcoming deadlines: 1) Sep 14 is deadline to
    register for Widgets Testing event (
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TestWorkshop2009 ); 2) Sep
    15 comment deadline for APIs and Events LCWD; 3) Sep 20 comment
    deadline for WARP LCWD
    ... Does anyone have any other short announcements?

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TestWorkshop2009

    [ None ]

P&C spec: IRI/URI normalization

    AB: I haven't seen a response from the I18N Core WG regarding
    Marcin's August 14 email to them (
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/06
    44.html ). On Sept 4 I asked Addison and Richard for an update (
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2009Sep/0029.htm
    l ) and I haven't received a reply.
    ... Marcos and Marcin - you two have been exchanging emails on this
    subject. What's the status?

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JulSep/0644.html
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2009Sep/ 
0029.html

    MC: I think the status is we don't need to do anything
    ... we treat the strings as opaque
    ... I don't think the P+C spec needs to change
    ... we do NOT need to normalize the strings

    AB: thanks for the update Marcos
    ... without Marcin here today, I think we should stop discussion on
    this topic
    ... we will wait for Marcin to respond to MC's latest email

    MC: we can followup on line if need be

widget Interface (fka A&E) spec:

    AB: comments for the 18-Aug-2009 A&E LCWD (
    [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-apis-20090818/ ) are due
    September 15. The comment tracking document is (
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-a
    pis-20090818/ ).
    ... is there something to discuss today?

      [18] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-apis-20090818/
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD- 
widgets-apis-20090818/

    MC: thanks Art for the comments; I'll address them as soon as I can

    AB: those are my comments
    ... anything else on Widget Interface?

    [ No ]

WARP Spec: Last Call

    AB: comments for the 4-Aug-2009 WARP LCWD (
    [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-access-20090804/ ) are due
    September 20. The comment tracking document is (
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD-widgets-a
    ccess-20090804/ ).
    ... Marcin's August 27 comments (
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/08
    44.html ) resulted in some exchanges from Marcos.
    ... if I understand this thread correctly, Marcin wants to eliminate
    the <access> element and modify the <feature> element to take on
    some of the semantics that is currently defined in the WARP spec. Is
    this correct?

      [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-access-20090804/
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42538/WD- 
widgets-access-20090804/
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JulSep/0844.html

    MC: yes, that is correct

    AB: if we were to accept this proposal, it would result in the P&C
    Candidate needing to go back to WD, right?

    MC: no, I don't think that is true
    ... he doesn't propose any changes to <feature>

    AB: I thought he proposed a new attribute for <feature>?

    MC: no, I don't think so
    ... I just don't agree with the proposal

    AB: yes, that came through on the email exchange

    Arve: I also do not agree with the proposal

    FH: I also agree; I think <feature> and <access> are orthogonal i.e.
    have different meanings

    AB: since Marcin isn't here let's stop discussion now and continue
    on the public-webapps mail list

URI Scheme spec

    AB: right before our September 3 call, Marcos submitted comments
    about the URI Scheme spec (
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/09
    63.html ). The consensus at that call was to delay the LCWD
    publication until Robin had addressed MC's comments (
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-wam-minutes.html#item09 ).
    ... Robin told me today he has not yet addressed MC's comments but
    will do soon. We will not discuss "is this spec ready for Last Call"
    until we have a chance to review a version of the spec that reflects
    MC's comments.
    ... any feedback or concerns?

      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2009JulSep/0963.html
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-wam-minutes.html#item09

    [ No ]

View Modes Media Feature spec

    AB: Marcin has now split the spec into two parts: View Modes Media
    Features (
    [25]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-mediafeature.src.html )
    and View Modes Interfaces (
    [26]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html ).
    Thanks Marcin!
    ... I think the priority is to publish a First Public WD of the View
    Modes Media Feature spec. Marcin, what needs to be done before we
    are ready for the FPWD of the VMMF spec?
    ... given Marcin, isn't here we won't have that discussion today

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm- 
mediafeature.src.html
      [26] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html

    <scribe> ACTION: marcin create a ToDo list for the FPWD of the View
    Modes Media Feature spec [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/10-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-405 - Create a ToDo list for the FPWD of
    the View Modes Media Feature spec [on Marcin Hanclik - due
    2009-09-17].

    AB: anything else on this spec for today?

    [ No ]

AOB

    AB: I don't have anything; does anyone?

    [ No ]

    AB: next VC will be September 17; this meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: marcin create a ToDo list for the FPWD of the View
    Modes Media Feature spec [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/10-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 10 September 2009 13:28:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:33 GMT