Re: [widgets] Seeking approval of P&C Test Suite templates and guide

Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> Le jeudi 20 août 2009 à 15:30 +0200, Marcos Caceres a écrit :
>> I've now moved (and updated) all the P&C test suite documentation. It
>> can now be found here:
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/
>>
>> It would be great to get the MWTS blessing that we have prepared the
>> documentation, templates, etc. properly before we go forth and create
>> tests.
>
> That documents looks very good to me - congrats!

Thanks! Your document on variability came in very handy, so thank you
for producing that resource! It's and oldie, but a goodie!:).

> I've made minor corrections in-line, but note that the "templates"
> directory is missing from the CVS repository, and thus a number of
> images are not visible in the document.

Yes, I'll make sure I check those in.

> Is anybody going to update the list of test assertions with the existing
> tests Kai developed?

Yes. This will happen automatically once I write some XHR magic...

> You proposed at some point using an external XML
> file to keep track of the links between test assertions and test cases:
> has this been set up yet?

Yes, Kai and I are maintaining separate xml files. Once we have finished
writing tests, we will send those lists and tests to each other for
verification. Verification means that the other person checks that what
is claimed to be tested is tested properly and as atomically as
possible. IFF a test passes verification, then it gets added to the
master file:

http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/tests/test-suite.xml

Kind regards,
Marcos