Re: DnD vs CnP (was Copy/Paste Events)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:00:00 +0000 (UTC)
To: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Le 31-août-09 à 04:44, Ian Hickson a écrit :
>
> > > Honestly, I find the whole DnD and CnP treatment in HTML5 quite much
> > > ad-hoc. It's welcome to have such an addition but it makes too many
> > > arrangements and still is hard to read.
> >
> > Yes, it's a horrible model. It's one that had been implemented
> > multiple times before the spec existed, and implementations trump
> > pretty much everything except security problems when it comes to
> > deciding what the spec should say.
>
> could I request a pointer to implementations or, even better, test-cases
> ?

This is where I'd like my test cases to be:

   http://hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/web-apps/drag-and-drop/

...but I have very few so far.

Currently, Safari and IE support this API to some extent in their
respective shipping products, and Firefox either supports it in the
shipping version or in the next version, I don't recall (it's in the
nightlies, either way).