Re: [widget] relax NG schema

On Sep 1, 2009, at 13:44 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> It would be straightforward to have a P+C module with a group for the
>> choice of its children, and then for instance WARP could just add
>> <access> to that content.
>
> Nah. I don't like it! Not only does it require a rocket-science
> degree, but it's still means that you need to look in X-number of
> places to collate all the bits of the schema. Like the Internets,
> this should all be centralized ;)

Don't worry, I'll have your cake and eat it too.

>> Furthermore, since the schema isn't normative anyway, I think it
>> could
>> just sit in CVS like a software project and be pointed to by the
>> specs.
>> No need to include it in the spec's body.
>
> Yes. This I like. Simple and centralized:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-schema/widgets.rng

Good. Cool. So I've made a few changes:

  - renamed it to .rnc since it's in RNC and not RNG
  - modularised it as explained earlier — so you can be happy because
it's centralised to a single directory, but it's not a centralised file
  - removed the built-in extensibility and used NVDL instead, which is
more appropriate and maintainable
  - added support for WARP
  - removed a bunch of bugs
  - added a bunch of tests (examples from the spec) to make sure it's
okay

There are still a few bugs to iron out, but I'll fix that later.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/