Re: DOM3EV: [ViewModes] typeArg on initXXXEvent

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:39:26 +0200
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
* Marcin Hanclik wrote:
>In the ViewModes specification [1] we define a few new events.
>All the initXXXEvent methods have currently typeArg parameter.
>I think they are superfluous, [...]

There is a n:n relationship between event types and event interfaces,
just because it may be 1:1 in special cases currently does not imply
that will remain to be the case in the future; further, omitting the
parameter in those cases would make the pattern more complicated, you
have to remember more rules, or rather, look the definition up each
time you attempt to use one of the init* methods, given how rarely
they are used and how many there are.