Re: [WebStorage] Keepin' it in the family?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:57:42 +0000 (UTC)
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> I recently noticed some substantial changes to Web Storage (allowing
> things other than strings to be stored).
>
> Did the discussion to make such a change happen on the web-apps working
> group's mailing list? If yes, please disregard this email.
>
> If not, could you please, in the future, CC discussions about Web
> Storage to public-webapps (as the work is supposed to be taking place in
> this working group). Selfishly, Widgets have a dependency on that spec,
> so some of us here need to be kept up-to-date :)

Discussion of Web Storage happens all over the place (on public-webapps,
on whatwg@whatwg.org, on IRC channels, on bug systems, etc). Changes,
however, are all posted to the various mechanisms that track changes to
HTML5, in particular commit-watchers@lists.whatwg.org, @WHATWG on Twitter,
and the SVN tracker:

   http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker

The recent change to what can be stored was a result of the work on the
File API.