[widgets] Web Storage and storage area definition Re: [widgets] Seeking comments on Last Call WD of Widgets: APIs and Events spec; deadline 15 Sept 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Marcos Caceres<marcosc@opera.com> wrote:
> ...seems a recent change to Web Storage may be even more serious.
> Someone just told me that the Web Storage spec has changed to allow
> storage of things other than strings. Need to confirm that.

To overcome changes in the Web Storage spec, I've changed the
definition of a storage area from:
    "A storage area is a data-store that is unique for the origin of a
widget, which a user agent can use to store string-based key-value
pairs."

To:
    "A storage area is a data-store that is unique for the origin of a
widget, which a user agent uses to persistently store data."

The new definition is data type agnostic, so hopefully robust enough
to handle future changes to Web Storage.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres